These courses are for you if…
- You have curiosity for learning and a desire for personal and professional improvement.
- You want to develop tools to strengthen your relationships and facilitate the wellbeing of those around you.
- You are a group, company or institution committed to a continuing evolution and growth by enhancing the potential of people and teams.
- You want to take a chance on a transformative learning experience: a process of personal and/or professional change where new perspectives will emerge and individual and systemic resources will be promoted.
The FOCUS courses:
Sorting out our “backpack”: the relationship with our family of origin
By reviewing the history and relationship with our family of origin through the genogram (the intergenerational family map), we can become more aware of the impact of beliefs and relationship patterns that we learned in our family. We can see ourselves through a different perspective and become aware of the roles we once learned and we still continue playing in the present. Acknowledging and accepting our family history helps us realize what is the impact of family beliefs, myths and loyalties, identify and overcome old “life scripts” and emotional blockages. We feel then as participants in a family system and a wide intergenerational history, and also, the main characters in our life story- freer and more responsible for the type of relationships that we choose and contribute to create.
Systemic tools for change
What is the systemic model contribution to our personal development?
- An understanding of how human systems operate, so that we can position ourselves in the context of our significant relational systems, and be aware of the place and roles that we play in them.
- A new perspective for change: understanding how systems go through periods of stability, crisis and transformation, and then connecting it to our own personal experience.
- A non-blaming perspective that allows us to see problems as well-intentioned but inefficient attempts to solve life´s difficulties.
- An opportunity to learn and practice new relational and communication skills that contribute to enhance our significant relationships and those in our social network.
The gender perspective: a new look at our identity and relationships
How did we learn to be male or female? What messages, expectations and mandates have we received from our family of origin? What are the “dominant discourses” around feminity and masculinity? This course offers an opportunity to make those family and social expectations visible, exploring the consequences they have on different areas of our lives: self-image, relationships with our partners, sons or daughters, workplace, roles, beliefs and values.
Through this “hands on” and experiential course, we incorporate the gender standpoint and widen our perspectives and opportunities for change, both personal and professionally. We then have the opportunity to review and challenge those stereotypes that have a limiting effect in our lives, and promote more equitable and reciprocal relationships between men and women.
The systemic model in families and organizations
The systemic approach helps us understand both our family and work relationships as a network of interconnected ties. These systems have a particular history and patterns that remain stable and are also continually changing, to allow the system´s growth. Each relational system (family, school, company, work team) needs to transform its relational patterns, emotional climate, values, joint projects, by adapting to the changes of the wider systems that it belongs to.
This course provides theoretical and practical tools to understand families and organizations as relational systems with their particular roles, rules, subsystems, hierarchy, relational patterns, history, beliefs, loyalties, myths, etc. Through this experiential learning, the participants become more aware of their participation in the different relational systems, identifying similarities and differences among them, and opening new perspectives and opportunities for change.
We design tailor-made courses for professionals, teams or organizations in the areas of health, mental health, education, social services, human resources, or NGOs.
Do you want to receive more information about out personal and professional development courses? Please send an email to: email@example.com.